Equatio is a powerful equation editor that makes it easy to create digital, accessible math. It saves time, lowers stress and eliminates frustration. It makes math and science more accessible and engaging for every student.
Equatio video Heading link
Provide choice for your students
Equatio gives your students the opportunity to show their mastery in math, in a way that best suits them. They can speak, draw or type problems and equations directly onto their device.
Make math accessible
Equatio brings math out of the pen and paper era. By moving to digital instruction, Equatio makes math more accessible. Students with learning difficulties or visual impairments can hear their math read aloud to them.
Help visualize math problems
Students and educators can create and customize graphs with Equatio. Powered by Desmos graphing calculator, Equatio helps students to visualize and explore a written equation.
How can Equatio help you? Heading link
- Digital Stem Equations: EquatIO is an online equation editor that makes building and solving formulas easy. Easily create math & science instructional materials to enable students to learn and collaborate together. With EquatIO’s math equation maker, students can hand write annotations or sketch freehand to show the thought process when writing or editing equations, or even share feedback. EquatIO allows students to show problems, line by line, and develop their answers. EquatIO’s innovative formula prediction gives students greater independence and confidence to engage and flourish in math & STEM classrooms. Our formula prediction function helps students easily access stored formulas by predicting what they are typing, allowing them to concentrate on solving problems, instead of extending them.
- Math Workspaces: Equatio mathspace is a web-based tool that allows math learners to work freely in a digital space with equations, shapes, and freehand drawings. Multiple lines and shapes and freehand drawing in Equatio mathspace helps students demonstrate their understanding.
- Math Assessment: Digital assessment tools can empower you to move beyond giving grades to providing personalized assessment and feedback. This helps you and your students to get a clear picture of where they’re at and where they need to be. Equatio’s integration with Google Forms allows you to easily set digital math quizzes, allowing you to hear from every student at one time, and give them personalized feedback, saving classroom time and closing the feedback loop quickly.
- Math in Google Forms: Powered by AI, the Forms Creator is designed to streamline the creation of math assessments in Google Forms. This cutting-edge tool is a game-changer for educators; saving time and catering to the diverse abilities of all students.
- Visualize Math: In today’s digital classroom, a graphing calculator is the easiest way for students to explore equations, plot data, and visualize new math concepts. Equatio has teamed up with Desmos to give your students quick and simple access to a graphing calculator right inside Equatio. Thanks to Desmos, the Graphing Calculator has lots of accessibility features built into it so it’s suitable for all of your students.
How do I download Equatio? Heading link
You can download Equatio as a Chrome extension or as a desktop app.
- To download Equatio for Google Chrome, please follow these directions.
- To download Equatio for Windows, please download this file.
- To download Equatio for Mac, please download this file.
Need help? Email LTS@uic.edu if you need assistance with downloading the file.