iClicker is a classroom response system that allows faculty to create pre-selected or ad-hoc questions that are asked during class. Instructors can take attendance, poll, and quiz students face-to-face, remotely, or hybrid — either synchronously or asynchronously — grade and push grades to Blackboard, and see retention analytics and reports to help their students achieve more.
Students can participate in any iClicker courses without needing to purchase a subscription. As long as instructors create their iClicker courses with "University of Illinois Chicago" as the institution, there will be no charge. Students can use iClicker devices, smartphones, tablets, or laptops, and the iClicker Cloud app to answer the questions and have their responses recorded.
Note: iClicker Cloud allows for students to participate using mobile devices and laptops by default. If you are using iClicker Classic, you must enable the use of mobile devices and laptops in your course settings.
iClicker news Heading link
Students can participate in any iClicker courses without needing to purchase a subscription or a clicker.
links Heading link
Full list of features: iclicker.com/features
- iClicker Cloud allows for students to participate using mobile devices and laptops by default.
- If you are using iClicker Classic, you must enable the use of mobile devices and laptops in your course settings. Students do not have to purchase the more expensive iClicker remote if the instructor allows it
iClicker offers accessibility features that allows users to easily navigate and read the iClicker web interface. The web interface supports screen readers for all available creator and viewer interfaces. The web interface also support keyboard access, allowing you to use the tab key to access all available functions. All sessions fully support adding and displaying captions. For additional information on iClicker’s accessibility features, please visit iClicker’s Accessibility Conformance Report (WCAG Edition).
Make sure to create an account using your UIC email address and selecting University of Illinois Chicago as the institution.
The following steps will guide you in getting started using iClicker Cloud:
- Once logged into iClicker, select the Create New Course button on the top left of the screen.
- Select how you will use this iClicker course:
- To Run Polls, Quizzes, & Attendance
- Just to take Attendance
- Next, complete the course information, including: institution, course discipline, course name, course start date and end date, course ID, term, and meeting times.
- Once completed, select the Create button in the upper right hand corner.
- Next, download and install the iClicker Cloud Desktop Software.
- Create your questions in whatever presentation format you prefer (e.g., PowerPoint, Google Slides). Please note that all question types can also be enabled for anonymous polling.
- Multiple choice
- Short answer (140 characters response)
- Target (hotspot question)
- Multiple answer
- Log into the iClicker Cloud Desktop Software and select the Start Class button next to your course; this will start iClicker.
- Once you get to the question you want to ask in your presentation, select the question type and press play on the iClicker desktop application to begin the poll or quiz question(s).
- You can grade the quiz and provide feedback immediately or you can choose to review results later.
- Students will need to create a student account and will need to have the iClicker student mobile app or iClicker student website on their smartphone, laptop, or tablet.
- Once students have logged in to their iClicker student account; they need to select the plus sign in the upper right hand corner.
- They will then put in their institution, University of Illinois Chicago and find your course.
- Once they find the course, they will need to select the Add Course button.
- Students need to select the Join button in order to be checked into class and participate in polling or quizzing during class sessions.
Webinars from iClicker
- Register for future the Engage Students to Achieve More webinar series: go.macmillanlearning.com/register-engaging-students-to-achieve-more.html
Training from iClicker