iThenticate is cloud-based anti-plagiarism software available to faculty and graduate students to check papers, theses, grant proposals, books, etc. Undergraduate students should use SafeAssign (part of Blackboard Learn) to check undergraduate papers.
iThenticate is an external service directly supported by the iThenticate support group and website.
links Heading link
- To check for plagiarism, iThenticate works with partners such as ProQuest and Elsevier to compare more than 130 million documents, journals, books, conference proceedings, etc. and more than 50 billion web pages for content
- You can visit ithenticate.com/content for more details
iThenticate offers accessibility features that allows users to easily navigate and read the iThenticate web interface. The web interface supports screen readers for all available creator and viewer interfaces. The web interface also support keyboard access, allowing you to use the tab key to access all available functions. All sessions fully support adding and displaying captions. For additional information on iThenticate’s accessibility features, please visit iThenticate’s Accessibility Conformance Report (WCAG Edition).
Please note that CATE does not create iThenticate accounts; each college has its own domain and at least one administrator in iThenticate who creates the accounts.
Instructor Access for iThenticate
- You will need to contact your college-level administrator, in order to get access to iThenticate.
- Please review the following list of college-level administrators to find your admin.
- Send an email requesting an iThenticate account to your admin.
- Once a college-level administrator creates an account for you, you will receive an email to activate the account. The URL is ithenticate.com
- Unfortunately, at this time iThenticate does not have a way to integrate into the campus-provided NetID and password system. While your account will have NetID@uic.edu as your username, you will be asked to set up a password upon first login.
Student Access for iThenticate
Graduate students can be provided access to iThenticate from their prospective thesis coordinator or appropriate department administrator.