Panopto is the university supported media-streaming and video capture solution. Panopto offers instructors a secure method of sharing video content. This platform allows users to capture and edit videos, add captions, create video assignments, and insert interactive video quizzes. Panopto is easy to use: its videos can be played back on any device, and its editor runs in any web browser.
This tool is recommended for faculty and instructors who want to “flip” the classroom, or who are creating video content for blended or online courses, and for students who need to create video assignments to share with classmates and instructors.
links to panopto Heading link
- Easily capture video on Windows, Mac, and iOS
- Easily edit video from any web browser
- Upload existing video files and automatically convert them for playback on any device
- Search for any word spoken or shown on-screen across every video in their library
- Engage students with interactive video players that support multi-camera HD playback, inside-video search, digital notes, and more
- Access web-based analytics that provide insights into which videos are most popular, who watched which videos, video engagement, and more
Retention of Video in Panopto
Video and related content such as bookmarks and comments are kept on Panopto’s servers for a period of three years since last viewed, then are flagged to be removed.
Panopto offers accessibility features that allows users to easily navigate and read the Panopto web interface. The web interface supports screen readers for all available creator and viewer interfaces. The web interface also support keyboard access, allowing you to use the tab key to access all available functions. All sessions fully support adding and displaying captions. For additional information on Panopto’s accessibility features, please visit Panopto’s Accessibility Conformance Report (WCAG Edition).
HIPAA protected information should not be recorded or communicated through the Panopto system.
Panopto requires industry-standard PC hardware components. For detailed information see https://support.panopto.com/s/article/System-Requirements
Access Panopto from Blackboard in one of two ways:
- Option 1: Create a course menu link to Panopto. Use this option for quick access to all of your videos.
- Option 2: Access the Panopto tool through the Tools link. Use this option if you want to keep fewer links in your course menu.
If your course does not have a Panopto tool link, add one using the directions in the quick guide listed under Tutorials in this page.
Additional features like close captioning and quizzing are also available in Panopto. Consult the tutorials in this page or register for training before start using Panopto in your classroom.