Solstice is a wireless collaboration and presentation software that enables instructors and students to wirelessly share and collaborate around content for more efficient, engaging, and productive class. The Solstice Pod attaches to the local WiFi/Ethernet network, room display, and room audio/video. In-room and remote users join and control content on the screen using their devices of choice.
classrooms Heading link
Kepler is a powerful deployment monitoring and meeting analytics product designed to improve large-scale Solstice deployments and measure product use and adoption.
Learn more about Kepler
The Solstice Dashboard provides technology managers with a tool to configure, monitor, manage, and control all the Solstice endpoints across the host network — from one or multiple admin workstation(s).
Learn more about Solstice Dashboard
Solstice Ink allows users to wirelessly mark up displayed content from anywhere in the room by simply pointing and drawing with their smartphone.
Learn more about Solstice Ink
Calendar Integration allows any Solstice-enabled display to receive calendar data to show the schedule for the meeting space.
Learn more about Calendar Integration
iOS YouTube App Streaming
iOS YouTube App Streaming support allows users to stream directly from the YouTube app using its native streaming implementation.
Learn more about iOS YouTube App Streaming
Digital Signage extends the ability to play HTML-based signage content on Solstice-enabled displays bringing digital signage capabilities into all meeting spaces.
Learn more about Digital Signage
iOS Mirroring and Miracast
iOS Mirroring and Miracast support allow users to wirelessly share content onto a display using the native screen mirroring capabilities of all major operating systems — Windows, MacOS, Android, and iOS — even in cases when a user doesn’t have the Solstice app.
Solstice will allow you to connect your personal device (computer, tablet, phone) wirelessly to the classroom projectors. You can also use your phone as a laser-pointer or to draw on the projector screen. Students can display content on their personal devices on the classroom projectors or screens.
To get started,
1. Download the Mersive Solstice application.
- Enter the full IP address into your device’s internet browser (ex: http://10.1.102.26).
- Click on the Get the App button to download the app.
2. In the Solstice app, enter the IP address (e.g.10.1.102.56, not http://10.1.102.26) in the Enter IP tab.
3. Run the installer program on your device.
4. Configure Solstice settings.
- Enter in desired Display Name (name you’d like shown on screen).
- Enter Solstice Discovery service address in the marked box: cc-solstice.ad.uic.edu
- Click Back to return to the main Solstice screen.
5. Connect to the desired display by following further instructions detailed in the tutorials below.
Note: there are specific instructions dependent on room type.