Learning Technology Solutions (LTS) provides and maintains the technology in over 187 common-use classrooms, those scheduled by the Office of Classroom Scheduling, and trains and supports faculty and staff in the use of that technology.
Over 97% of the common-use classrooms have multimedia technology installed, providing modern capabilities and flexibility for the teaching and learning experience. There are two main types of audio and video (AV) systems available: Integrated Multimedia Lectern (IML) and Plug & Play systems.
call for classroom support Heading link
For immediate help on centrally-managed classrooms, call 312-413-0003 option 1, then option 2
classrooms Heading link
LTS maintains an inventory of various types of multimedia equipment. This equipment is available by stopping in the LTS Support Office before your class. The LTS Support Office is centrally located in Stevenson Hall 111. We currently have the following types of equipment available for reservation:
- Display adapters to connect your device to the multimedia systems found in the classrooms
- Wireless microphones for larger classrooms
- Laptops for instructor use in-class
- Various other equipment to meet your teaching needs
Additionally, the majority of common-use classrooms have Echo360 devices that make it possible to record and livestream lectures. Classroom capture recordings and live streaming must be requested and scheduled ahead of time, and can be either one-time events or repeating semester events. Captures are available within 3-6 hours of a one-hour long lecture.
A valid UIC NetID and password are required to authenticate to computers in the common-use classrooms. Guest authentication can be provided for authorized guests using the labs and classrooms during special events.
Support is available to faculty, staff, and teaching assistants in the common-use classrooms. In rare cases, support is extended to students.
LTS provides a single point of contact for any needs in the common-use classrooms, including multimedia equipment, furniture, and facilities. We work closely with the Office of Campus Learning Environments, Facilities Management, and the Office of Classroom Scheduling to ensure reliable service to all common-use classrooms so you can focus on teaching and learning.
- Technical walkthrough for the Plug and Play Classroom (video, 4.5 min)
- Technical walkthrough for the Integrated Multimedia Lectern (IML) Classroom (video, 8 min)
- Advanced Technical walkthrough for the Integrated Multimedia Lectern (IML) Classroom (video, 8 min)
- Using your own computer instead of the built-In classroom computer in an IML Classroom (video, 6 min)